Farmer For A Day (CU Service Day) 9am-1pm, April 14
Time & Location
About the Event
No experience necessary - we’ll teach you the ways of the garden, and help you to become the master farmer that you never knew you were. Or maybe you are already an expert! We welcome people of all backgrounds and experience levels at these special events. What you’ll do depends on the exact day. Our staff will welcome, prepare and guide you through your experience. All you have to do is come ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty, as we joyfully tend to the land together.
Activities May Include:
- Preparing garden beds
- Composting and soil amendment
- Planting seeds
- Whistle while you work
- Transplanting seedlings
- Planting trees
- Sing while you sow
- Farm stand construction
- Building fences
- Installing irrigation
- Learn about our Summer Apprenticeship Program
- Try out our tree swings
- Enjoy light refreshments with new friends
What to Bring: (we’ll provide the garden tools, gloves, and light refreshments)
- Dress for the weather in casual clothes and closed-toed shoes.
- Be sure to bring a water bottle
- Don't forget a hat and sunscreen.
- Teens under 18 must bring a liability waiver signed by a parent/gaurdian (we can email it to you)
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian